Create folder on your hard drive called C:\HJK and go Here and download Hijack This into the new folder you created. Install and run a scan. Save the log file, copy it, then come back and paste it here. Someone will check the results and advise you.
Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. You should not have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.
Go to the bottom of this message to get the latest version of HijackThis. If the site is down, you can also get it here.
Turn off system restore by right clicking on My Computer and go to Properties->System Restore and check the box for Turn off System Restore. Click Apply and then OK. Restart your computer. After we are finished with your log file and verified that it’s clean, you may turn it back on and create a new restore point.
Go to My Computer->Tools->Folder Options->View tab and make sure that Show hidden files and folders is enabled. Also make sure that the System Files and Folders are showing/visible also.
Make sure to close any open browsers. Go into HijackThis->Config->Misc. Tools->Open process manager. Select the following and click Kill process for each one:
Reboot into Safe Mode (hit F8 key until menu shows up). Delete the following Files/Folders (delete folders if no filename is specified) according to their directory (if none, just do a search for them) and delete them if they exist:
C:\DOCUME~1\ravi\LOCALS~1\Temp\ - delete all the files found in this folder
Reboot into Normal Mode.
Run an online virus scan at TrendMicro or RAV Antivirus because you have a worm/virus in your computer. Select the Autoclean option if you use TrendMicro. After that’s done, restart and post a new HijackThis log file so we can make sure it’s clean.
2. Go to Start > Programs > Lavasoft and click on AdAware 6 to open the program
3. Look at the icons on the top right of the page and click on the ‘world’ and let AdAware update the spyware reference list
4. Once the update is finished click on the ‘Gear’ icon (second from the left) to access the preferences/settings window
1. In the ‘General’ window make sure the following are selected:
· Automatically save log-file
· Automatically quarantine objects prior to removal
· Safe Mode (always request confirmation)
2. Click on the ‘Scanning’ button on the left and select :
· Scan Within Archives
· Scan Active Processes
· Scan Registry
· Deep Scan Registry
· Scan my IE favorites for banned URL’s
· Scan my Hosts file
· Under ‘Click here to select drives + folders’, choose:
· All of your hard drives
3. Click on the ‘Advanced’ button on the left and select:
· Include additional process information
· Include additional file information
· Include environment information
· Include additional object details
4. Click the ‘Tweak’ button and select:
· Under the ‘Scanning Engine’:
· Unload recognized processes during scanning
· Include basic Ad-aware settings in logfile
· Include additional Ad-aware settings in logfile
· Under the ‘Cleaning Engine’:
· Let Windows remove files in use at next reboot
5. Click on ‘Proceed’ to save the settings.
6. Click ‘Start’ and on the next screen choose ‘Activate in-depth Scan’ at the bottom of the page and then choose:
· Use Custom Scanning Options
7. Click ‘Next’ and AdAware will scan your hard drive(s) with the options you have selected.
8. Save the log file when it asks and then click ‘finish’
10. RESCAN with HijackThis and POST your logfile in the same thread using ‘Add Reply’. Do not attempt to fix anything in Hijackthis yourself!
A forum community dedicated to tech experts and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about articles, computer security, Mac, Microsoft, Linux, hardware, networking, gaming, reviews, accessories, and more!