Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to remove a software component (such as a Microsoft Office wizard or add-in) that does not appear in the Add/Remove Programs tab of the Control Panel?

This wizard was installed from a CD, and its setup program (Timexwiz.exe) is on the CD and not my hard disk. I'm assuming that uninstalling has something to do with inserting the original CD, but I don't know where to go from there. Does anyone have any ideas?

P.S. In the Add/Remove Control Panel, I tried pointing to the Windows Setup tab, clicking "Have Disk," and then specifying my CD-ROM drive. But it only looks for ".inf" files and I don't know if I should or can change this option. Besides, I'm not sure if clicking "Have Disk" only applies to installing components rather than removing them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You probably have just shortcuts - icons on your start menu and - highlight them and press the delete key.

Then search for the file by time: Open Search, and for filename use the wildcard: timex*.*

delete anything that shows up.

If you think it's still a problem, you and run regedit, search for timex and delete any entries.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Unistall office...then select customize or add remove programs then run the install and take out what you dont want

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.