Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On starting up Win98SE I get a rundll message popping up every time. Can anyone tell me how to remove it please.

SteveH

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hi Steve,

Could you give more info on the error message? Does it say the problem in in the Registry or Win.ini? That's the usual one. It means that someone has deleted instead of un-installing a program including that DLL and that the system is unable to load the DLL. Give us more info and someone can give you better suggestions.

Good Luck, Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi jlp1928,

The error message is
Error loading: C:\PROGRAM~1\WEBGLIDE\PLAYER\NPVPG003.DLL,
no mention of the registry or Win.ini. Thanks for your reply.

SteveH

·
TSF Team Emeritus , Microsoft Visiting Expert
3,258 Posts
Hi all

We don't usually recommend Registry cleaners, but your situation seems to call for the only one I ever recommend --- CCleaner. Before using it though, search in your system drive (usually drive C) in the "Program Files" folder for any WebGlide subfolders --- and delete them. Make sure to look in the "Common" folder too. The download & run CCleaner --- http://www.download.com/CCleaner/3000-2144_4-10767629.html?tag=lst-1 --- Run it's Cleaning functions to clear any potential trouble from temp file clutter, and then run it's "Issues" function to clear tangles in the Registry. Run the "issues" function several times, until CCleaner reports "no issues found".

Best of luck
. . . Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.