Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I bought a new latop today, a HP dv2000, and it came with a remote that I don't know how to use. I plugged it the in expansion slot and everything but I don't know how to get it working. Do I have to buy some software or something? If anyone could help it would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Hi Gallant13! :wave:

It should be able to used after you start the connection between the remote and laptop straight away (it might working based on infrared or bluetooth technology). And then you use the remote to browse the spreadsheet, also to browse the media collection in media center and so on. Just try to play around with the remote and see if you can make it do anything on the laptop :grin:

·
Premium Member
4,486 Posts
I have a dv9K i just bought.

The remote doesn't plug into the slot, it only stores there. If you look on the front next to the mixc and headphone ports, there's an IR sensor (on mine anyways). The remote is made for vista, if you've switched to XP, it wont work at all.

If you queue up itunes or media center or media player and make it be top focus (it can't be in the backround like on desktops), you can use the remote. The menual isn't great at explaining it. The power button can put the computer to sleep, next button (going in rows here) will switch to external screen, Then quickplay, DVD player, and media center open. Next row is page up, stop, prev, play/pause, forward.
Third row is page down, previous item, menu up, next item. Then menu left, ok, menu right.

Previous menu, menu down, info.

Volume down, mute, volume up.

hope that clears it up.

--

ok, in IE, reverse skip is same as ctrl+B. ok is same as enter button. Previous menu is back button. 4 arrows control the text cursor (text box) and scroll bars (window) in addition to page up/down. Info is same as right click.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.