Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Apologies if this post is duplicated elsewhere but I was unable to use the search facility on this site for some reason.

I would like to be able to remote access my mum and little brothers computer, they live in a different country, so I can fix basic IT problems for them.

I run Vista Home as does my brother, my mum has XP.

I know Vista has remote access software in it but it says you cant access XP machines and it should only be on business version of vista but it seems to be present on mine.

Essetially looking for the easiest solution to remote access there PCs. Are there any other software programes I could use. Althought good with basic PC management this stuff is new to me and would be grateful for any help.

Kind Regards

CH

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,349 Posts
One that I use all the time and is very easy to configure and use is TeamViewer. They also have a "host" version that allows unattended logins if you want to do things that require multiple reboots without the remote person available to continually connect you again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
many thanks thats great works really well.

need to connect to my brothers computer so I can remote access his desktop and see why he is unable to connect to the internet.

Can I set up a local wireless network for him to connect to then remote access his desktop via that?

many thanks for help and suggestions

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.