Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter has a computer that has been corrupted with many viruses. I have ran anti virus checks and think all have been taken care of. One problem is that each time she boots, she has to re-establish her Outlook Express account. When an attempt is made to reload XP (EOM version) the installation is blocked by the software stating that the version on the computer is a newer version and will not continue. How do you get around this issue for re-loading XP?

She also has an issue with pop ups. She will receive hundreds a day. I have set the blockers and they continue to come. How do we stop them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Are you trying to reload windows or outlook. Please state in more detail at which part of what your are doing that the error messages occurs and I'll see what i can do 4u
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am attempting to load windows. When rebooted with the cd, everything appears to be working ok but when it loads from the software on the hard drive, that is when outlook express does not work porperly. I have reloaded outlook express several times and that is why I think that is the XP pro program that is corrupted and it will not allow me to reload from the cd.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
I'm still having trouble understanding. If you're trying to re-install windows all you have to do is boot from the CD and follow the instructions.

R. Besse said:
I am attempting to load windows. When rebooted with the cd, everything appears to be working ok but when it loads from the software on the hard drive, that is when outlook express does not work porperly
Which CD are you talking about? If you boot with the Windows XP CD it will start the installation process.

R.Besse said:
When an attempt is made to reload XP (EOM version) the installation is blocked by the software stating that the version on the computer is a newer version and will not continue. How do you get around this issue for re-loading XP?
Are you trying to reload windows xp pro from within windows or are you booting up with the CD-ROM?
 
G

·
First please click on greyknight's link below and follow the steps. Post a hjt log under hjt log help forum. Remember to read the malware prevention section too.

regards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By getting rid of all the viruses, some of the windows files had to go. When I attempt to boot from the cd, it goes through all the steps for reloading up to agreeing to the agreement. It asks to hit f8 to agree but when I do that nothing happens. Using a EOM disk, does it limit you to the number of times it can be loaded? My question is "how can I delete windows and reinstall it"?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
R. Besse said:
By getting rid of all the viruses, some of the windows files had to go. When I attempt to boot from the cd, it goes through all the steps for reloading up to agreeing to the agreement. It asks to hit f8 to agree but when I do that nothing happens. Using a EOM disk, does it limit you to the number of times it can be loaded? My question is "how can I delete windows and reinstall it"?
This will help you

http://www.windowsreinstall.com/
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top