Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I work at a school and am responsible for 130 or so laptops with XP Tablet PC Edition installed on them from Gateway (now MPC). We have recently purchased volume license media from Microsoft and would like to install it on our Gateway e-155's. The issues started when I discovered that the e-155's had SATA HDDs, which XP does not support. So to solve that issue, I used nLite to slipstream SATA drivers into the volume license install disc for XP Pro with SP2 (aka XP Tablet Disc 1). When I did this, it installed, but did not ask for disc 2, which has all of the tablet functionality on it. Also, the more major issue is that I can't install my drivers. I tried installing both the chipset driver and the ethernet drivers but they both are not being recognized. I have seven devices not being found in Device Manager: Mass Storage Controller,Ethernet Controller, Network Controller, Biometric Coprocessor, PCI Device, Video Controller, Video Controller (VGA Compatible).

If I could just get the chipset and ethernet drivers to install I think I would be able to install the rest of them. However, when I try to install the chipset drivers, they install just fine, but Device Manager doesn't recognize them as being installed. When I try to install the Intel Pro/1000 drivers, I get an error message that says:

1: This software requires the Windows Management Instrumentation service. This sevice is not currently running. Please start the service and then restart the installation.

I go to Computer Management, Services, start the service, and then retry the installation, but the same error message comes up. I have tried this numerous ways, but with always the same result.

I have also tried restarting the whole process over twice (I took an image before I started)

Please help. I have been working on this for over a week now and am about to pull my hair out!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE:

I figured out that I did not have all of the Windows Management Instruemtation services installed. I reinstalled them and got my ethernet drivers up and running. I am now able to install some of the unknown devices. Will keep you posted.

My next issue to tackle is: How do I get the Tablet components off of the Tablet CD? Upon reinstallation, it never asked me for disc 2, which has all of the tablet pc tools on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.