Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Recently, I've messed up my computer pretty badly, so I was thinking of restoring my system to the first day I got it.

Can anyone tell me how to uninstall the whole system,and then how to reinstall? Dell only sent me a few discs.. one was Word perfect, another was drivers and utilities, and then a third was for the monitor. Do I need these? Can I uninstall everything without uinstalling XP since I don't think I have a disc for it?

How would I go about getting my computer to the state it as in the first day I go it. Thanks.

P

·
0 Posts
They should have provided you an OS disk. Since you own the product you legally have the right to install the OS with a different disk and use your product key. ( this will give you a headache because you will have to call microsoft for the product activation. ) You can ask Dell to send you an OS disk or you can try to find another copy of windows.

( *one more thing tho. Check your partitions to see if you have a recovery partition. Some dells in the past had recovery partitions. )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.