Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much internet research (mostly this site) I learned that my browser was hijacked. I'm fairly certain it's my husbands fault due to the things he, um, likes to search for. :mad: So I did everything these posts have said and I ran spybot and ad-aware and I gingerly cleaned out my registry of things like winmain.exe and winlog.html (which my Norton picked up on as being a threat). That seemed to fix most of my problems... But now I'm having a minor problem that is simply annoying. I used to just be able to type eBay.com and it would take me right there. Now, I have to type www.eBay.com or it says it can't find it. It's the same for every other site. Ugh. Also, before I did all of this, I was getting the blue screen of death on a regular basis. Could that be related to my hijacked browser or should I just do what I've been wanting to do and take this p.o.s. Gateway back to the store and suggest a colorful place that they might stick it :upset: Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why not switch your browser if it is hijacked? I recommend Opera 7.20 or Mozilla firebird. Opera is perhaps the best and fastest browsers out there.

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
I am hoping that you have your browser disk, because this will allow you to go to add/remove programs in your control panel, click on your browser program and select change/repair.

It will ask for your disk, which will be one of your recovery disks (it should say Int Exp on the disk).

See of this corrects your problem, and please let us know one way or the other.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think there is a way , if you go to Add/Remove programs and you hit IE Explorer 6 or whatever version, i think there is a way to REstore all of Internet explorers defaults. There is also a way under Internet options, look on the very last tab. I also suggest deleting all of your cookies, and your History of websites.Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.