Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found this fix i need to add to my registry.. i'm trying to make thumbnails appear in explorer on my vista 64 system.. supposedly this fixes the problem.. but i need someone to explain how to do all this stuff.. please break it down step by step for me please

This is the PS reg file, you can edit the AI reg file to do the same thing. Basically, put Wow6432Node before any and all CLSID references:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.psd\ShellEx]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.psd\ShellEx\{BB2E617C-0920-11d1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1}]
@=”{0B6DC6EE-C4FD-11d1-819A-00C04FB69B4D}”
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{0B6DC6EE-C4FD-11d1-819A-00C04FB69B4D}]
@=”Photoshop Icon Handler”
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{0B6DC6EE-C4FD-11d1-819A-00C04FB69B4D}\InProcServer32]
@=”C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\Adobe\\Shell\\PSICON.DLL”
“ThreadingModel”=”Apartment”
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{0B6DC6EE-C4FD-11d1-819A-00C04FB69B4D}\MiscStatus]
“IconBits”=”1″

·
Registered
243 Posts
You found it? Where? On the internet? Its a fix for thumbnail on x64 are you sure? Why not ask a question like: How do I make thumbnails appear in Explore? I use Vista x64.

I may be wrong but I doubt anyone would tell you how to install a reg file they didn't know the source of. You are definitely on the correct website. TSF guys won't have a problem helping you with anything you might ask. The key is to ask. If you were an auto mechanic and I brought you a bunch of parts and said "Here, these are suppose to fix my car, tell me where they go and how to put them on." What would you say? Please, I am not being mean toward you yimmortal but working inside the registry is comparable to "open skull brain surgery". One mistake and it will be more than thumbnails that don't appear in explore. :4-zap:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Please, I am not being mean toward you yimmortal but working inside the registry is comparable to "open skull brain surgery". One mistake and it will be more than thumbnails that don't appear in explore. :4-zap:
Ain't that the truth?

·
Moderator , - Microsoft Support
7,753 Posts
Hi, I take it you have Adobe CS3 is this the case? If so I doubt if that fix will work. Adobe are determined to knockout thumbnails. That file is meant to be copied into notepad saved (to desktop) called THUMB.reg then double clicked to merge. I would not run it yet. As I said let us know more about your system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.