Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I cannot access my regedit through the run command. I've tried absolutely everything thats on the internet. Does anyone know if there a freeware program I can download that is a standalone from the Windows regedit?

Any help gr8ly appreciated....

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Ok try this one,

start
run
type
cmd
in command prompt type: regedit

Can you now?

Also you may want to go into safemode F8 and try it, it might work in safemode more so then regular mode.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The cmd command is also not working! I found a freeware on the internet, went in and changed the registry to allow regedit. But still no joy....I'm thinking it may be some kind of virus. I ran my virus scan but everything came up clean.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I would not suggest downloading at the moment till we find out a few things first,could make the situation worse, especially freeware programs.

please disconnect from the internet if you havent already?

now can you get into safemode?
did it work?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would not suggest downloading at the moment till we find out a few things first,could make the situation worse, especially freeware programs.

please disconnect from the internet if you havent already?

now can you get into safemode?
did it work?
I have taken my machine off the LAN. I just cant seem to figure out whats causing this. Think I'm going to do a fresh install of the OS. Know its not the ideal thing to do but I need to get my PC up and running asap, as I have college project to finish off!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tanx for all the responses guys. Task manager is working fine, and I can also access services.msc. I'm about to do a fresh install now. Coould spend another day / week trying to fix the issue. I ghosted my machine about 2 months ago so I wont have to put all my programs on again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.