Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am administrating nearly 100 systems. from past 10 days everyone are complaining Systems are dead slow and they cant able to use the system.

I formatted nearly 46 systems, at first few days it's working in good speed. but few days later again it's getting dead slow. I checked with the background process. everything is fine. if they didnt use any files also it shows 90% CPU usage. Anti virus(license) also working fine with zero virus.

Anyone please give the solution for this.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
62 Posts
What are the specifications of the network?
What are the PCs average specs?

What do they use the PCs for?

regards

·
Registered
240 Posts
What kind of processors are in the PC's? Have you tried a defrag and cleaning up temp files?

CCleaner will clean temp files and will clean up the registry as well. It also has a built in function that enables you to easily enable/disable startup processes. My suggestion would be to give that a shot. Defrag, Use CCleaner and i am curious as to what kind of processors are in those PCs.

Also, give them a small upgrade in RAM, unless they are maxed out. If they have 512 MB of RAM give them 1GB and see if that makes a difference.

Mind you, these are suggestions. This is not a fix by far but may help as far as speed.

Also, one of our very own tech support guru's has created a perfect "sum up" of how to get the most speed out of your PC. I will provide the link below:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f174/is-your-pc-running-slow-247566.html

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PC Spec is mentioned below:

Brand: Compaq Presario
HDD: 80 / 160 GB
RAM: 512 / 1GB
Processor: P4 2.4 / 2.96 GHz
Applications: Microsoft Office, Tally, SAP Front End, (these software's only in few systems Auto-Cad, Solid works, ProE)
Anti virus: Kapsersky 6.0.4.1212

for some system it shows "Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network (the specified domain either does not exists or could not be contacted) Group Policy processing aborted. (Screen shot is attaed in this)

if you want any more information please let me know.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What are the specifications of the network?
What are the PCs average specs?

What do they use the PCs for?

regards
PC Spec is mentioned below:

Brand: Compaq Presario
HDD: 80 / 160 GB
RAM: 512 / 1GB
Processor: P4 2.4 / 2.96 GHz
Applications: Microsoft Office, Tally, SAP Front End, (these software's only in few systems Auto-Cad, Solid works, ProE)
Anti virus: Kapsersky 6.0.4.1212

for some system it shows "Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network (the specified domain either does not exists or could not be contacted) Group Policy processing aborted. (Screen shot is attaed in this)

if you want any more information please let me know

·
Registered
62 Posts
Seems a issue with your domain policys, review them and see if there are any loops or memory intensive programs,
What server distro are you running?

regards

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems a issue with your domain policys, review them and see if there are any loops or memory intensive programs,
What server distro are you running?

regards
I didnt changed any Domain Policy. It's working from past 2 years. From 2 years it's not having any problem and how come suddenly it will give problem?

We are using win2003 server R2 With Service pack 2.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Perhaps the lag is caused by 2 year old hardware?

or is it network lag your worried about?

regards

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for the delay.

My worry is Past one month there is no one given complaint and suddenly everyone are telling it's dead slow. I dont think it's problem with the PC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone else have permission to alter permissions on Server?

Perhaps something has changed, I would go right through and inspect everything is as it should be, as it was before a month or 2.

Look at logs etc if that's quicker?

Sounds like someone has altered something or installed something that is making problems.

Can ppl just install what they want?

Also could some networking hardware have partially died, reducing speeds?

Something is altered, faulty hardware or installed?

I'd check in that order. It's probably not hardware, but anyway.

I only have a Cert 3 in IT (distinctions in Networking) with a little Cert 4 in web design. If I had to guess I would go for an altering of the setting relating to networking simply because of how wide spread it is?

Unless there is a program or something being used as a Network within the network? a game perhaps? Does it go away when you start to inspect?

Does it occur only at specific times of the day?

·
Registered
3 Posts
So has anything been added?

In the last whatever?

Sorry you've already stated previously.

As painful as it sounds I'd do a check of all settings, also this is stupid but you do restart you server every 24hrs or so don't you?

I don't mean to be condescending.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sir,

I didnt added anything extra, but i just updated my Kaspersky With newer version. I am having doubt on the Anti virus. Anti virus is making System dead slow. Recently i am not changed any policy or anything in the Domain, but i am creating new user is require.

For your kind info I am restarting the Server Once in a week. As per your information we have to Restart our Server for Once a day. Is it really required?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.