Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
uhmm i just bought a 1 gig micro sd for my cell to put songs and stuff. However... when I add too many songs, it says "the directory or file cannot be created". I check how much space is left and i only used about 400 mb of the 1 gig thats still in there. When i look at the capacity, it looks as if I can only use 50% of the memory. i deleted a song and added another one and it worked, as if I can't put in a certain amount of memory exceeding a limit. But, i'm not even near 1 gb yet, i've only used 485 mb so far out of the 1 G the micro sd comes with. Can anyone help me PLEASE!?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Try making some files to put like difernt types of music in.
Josh.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
For what phone ? some phones don't like large cards, and some phones are fussy over the brand used, my guess is it's these factors that are causing your problem, does your phone report it as a 1gig card ? and how did you format the card to start with ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dude

when i talk about the micro sd... i'm talking about when its in the computer and i'm uploading music files to it. All I do is send all the music files to the micro sd. but when i reach a certain limit it say "directory or file cannot be created" and i check my space.... and I have like 500 more mb to use.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I am wondering what phone and how you formatted the card to see if it may be a part of the problem, you could maybe try seeing if creating a partition would allow you to fill it up as though there are 2 512 cards maybe, not sure if the phone will like it but worth a try maybe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm a noob

Hey man, i'm alrite with computers, but I don't understand the complex stuff. my phone is cingular LGCU500 and I don't know what a partition is. Alrite so far... I realized something. When my micro sd is formatted to FAT... i can only upload to like half of the space and my phone can read all of it. When I change teh format to FAT32 on my microsd, I can utilize the full 1 GB but when i put it in my phone it says "file isn't supported". while on FAT i clicked my properties for the micro sd and i only used like 400 mb out of the 1 gb but it wont' let me upload anymore songs onto it. Maybe... with that format it takes up more space? i dunno i suck.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I don't know that phone as I only deal with Nokia's personally, but I have a feeling it may be a limitation of the phone not being able to use the full space of the card, it's always best to format these cards in the phone IMO then it knows what it is, but a partition is where you take say your 1gig card, and split it into 2x512mb areas called partitions, you still get the 1gig, but it will show up as 2x512mb drives instead of 1gig if that helps at all, I suggest checking to see if the manual mentions anything about the size of cards you can use in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.