Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saved almost half on the motherboard by buying it refurbished, expecting to get the motherboard stuffed into a brown box and shipped to me, leaving me to find drivers, cables and such. I was ready for the challenge but what I got was a pleasant surprise. The Board came in the retail box with a drivers disc, a software disc, users guide, rear panel for the case, q-connectors, 4 SATA cables, 4 SATA power cables, Floopy drive cable, HDD/DVD cables and a nice sticker for the case. All cables and dics came unopened, the plastic the motherboard came in is the only thing that looks like it was opened. There are no marks on the board that would indicate it was ever in a case.

So far so good.

Now I am going to dismantel my computer and change out the boards. Wish me luck!!! :wave:

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I am using the new board, i mean right now!!! And with my new processor!!

As with all new motherboard installations I have done, I met with a couple snafoos. I went through several no POST episodes. Did all the basics to get through it and found two things, First my video card is not detected by the motherboard if it is seated all the way in. Thanks to the LED light that ASUS board has, I was able to figure that out pretty easy. So I have to pull it out a little to get the LED light to stay on. Then I still had no POST. It came down to my 2 of my old memory sticks are not compatable. once I pulled them out, it fired up. I installed the drivers and everything is working. Now here I am. The Q-connectors that come with the board are very handy, everything plugged in nicely, I didn't need any of the supplied cables. Now I got Microsoft on my back because my system changed too much and I have three days to re-register. What a pile of BS!!

Any Questions let me know. i am going to go play for a few.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, still using the refurbished board. Have had no problems. Microsoft was satisfied with a quick online re-registration. I will do this again with my next board.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.