Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently started having this problem. Whenever I go to a website the images loads fine and I could see everything. I then click a link and everything loads fine again. But when I hit the back button to go bak to the previous site it seems to refresh the previous site. Like everything has to load again. Like I hit the refresh button. But I didn't.

I have no clue to why this is happening so any suggestions will be helpful.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I don't know the answer to the question, but I have had issues with images and IE6, too, ever since I upgraded my browser. Only for me, sometimes the images don't load all the way (nice red X where they should be!). Orrr...what else happens....there is one site that happens like this all the time....(NeoPets Solitaire): I will go to click the card I want in the deal pile and then it goes to the red X. Pretty freakin' annoying!

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Could be a cache issue- try adjusting those settings in tools>internet options>settings button. Raise the amount that can be held. This might fix the problem, but I'm not completely sure.

Also, delete temporary internet files as they may be completely filled up, which would explain why it has to reload everything (no more room for temporary internet files).

·
Registered
317 Posts
I will try that, too. The weird thing about this is that it started giving me grief right after I ran a cache cleaner. :( But, I will try what you suggested.

and thanks for the help with the sound files! I will read up more on this with my burning software. I might just be able to open these files from their location at work and upload them into the studio versus burning the CD. ((I do on-air radio...a retro show..which is why I use a lot of files that are of old commercials, etc)).

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Check Tools/Internet Options/General and click on the Settings in the Temporary Internet Files section. If you have the first option checked, that's how your browser would act.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Yep, that one shouldn't do what you describe, that's how I run. Did you clear your cache? I don't know what else to suggest...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Could it be the website I am on itself?? Down in the left corner of the status bar where you would normally see the IE icon and "Done", I get the wonderful "error" and the yellow triangle! Not always...on that one particular site, I do!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've had alot of trouble with graphics not loading in IE6. If you do a search on the problem it seems that lots of other people do too. There are some cures that work for some and not for others.

I tried lots of suggestions but in the end went back to using IE5.5, which doesn't give me any problems.

Anyway, at present I'm using Opera 7 beta 2. It works very well and is fast. I have it set as my default browser. This is the only browser I've tried so far that makes me think I might not need IE at all.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The engineer at the radio station I work at told me that IE has all kinds of problems with it and many people keep trying to hack Bill Gates.....that is why you always have to update the dang thing. Now..how I do I got BACK to IE5.5? Can I just redownload it? Will it override IE6?

And...where do I find the browser you have? Is it freeware? The engineer told me he uses Phoenix, but I am not familiar with that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You can get back to an earlier version of IE if you didn't delete the backup that gets made when you upgraded to IE6. Just go to the Add/Remove list and uninstall it. It then should just go back to the previous version.

If, like me, you deleted the backup thinking you'd never want to go back to an older version this won't be possible.

There may be other ways of going back but I decided to format the disk and reinstall everything, then put IE 5.5 and any relevant security patches on via the Windows Update service. I think it's all alot cleaner that way.

Opera 7 is a free browser (www.opera.com). It has the arrangement where if you pay your $39 you can get rid of the bannner ad. Being a beta version it is a bit buggy at present, so they say, but I haven't actually come across any yet.

It doesn't look all that good when you first install it (sort of too white) but there are alternative skins that improve the appearance.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, I see I'm not the only one have problems with IE6. LOL:D .

I have sett the temporary internet files to never check for newer version of the page. And I have default cache settings.

But the problem is still occuring. I think I am going to go back to IE5. Since (like everyone else was saying) I had no problems with.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.