Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is the right thread or not but I had some concerns about reformatting.

First off, the reason I wanna reformat is that because i've had this operating system running since 02 and not a single vital change since then but since then, i've been running three hard drives and some upgrading has been done and so, I wanna reformat and to boost performance of my pc again.

So does reformating boost performance? Obviously it does, but I mean in the factors such as gaming and what not. Since I haven't reformatted since adding like a new sound card, graphics card and more RAM and all, does reformatting help boost those factors?

My next concern is the hard drive. I'm gonna take out my two old 20GB hard drives and just keep the 320GB 7200RPM one. I've heard rumors that Windows XP SP0 (I bought it in 2002) cannot install on such a big hard drive. Is such a thing true?

That takes me to my next issue and that is the time I bought my Windows CD. First off, it's an upgrading form of the OS. I bought in 2002. So will I run into problems when installing such as errors or something? (other than the fact it'll say you need a previous operating system installed and I have to override it with the upgrade). How safe is it installing the old SP0? Cause I don't want viruses rushing in. Lol

I just have some concerns with reformatting and hopefully I can get some help in regards to them.

Cheers! thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.