Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I reformatted my hard drive, did fdisk, made the whoel disk primary portition, formatted C:, and installed drivers for CD-Rom. I did this all in 1 proccess, no restarting the pc during any process (except fdisk, had to reboot). After i installed the CD-Rom drivers, i rebooted, and the C: drive isnt readable anymore, i could access it before boot but after i couldnt, so in otherwords, i cant install my OS because i need to reboot for CD-Rom drivers to work, and if i do, C: goes back to unreadable format. What can i do to fix this?

Thanks,
Limb

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Display Partition Information

Partion Status Type Volume Label Mbytes System Usage
C: 1 A PRI DOS 12415 UKNOWN 100%

Total Diskspace is 12415 Mbytes (1 Mbyte = 1048576 bytes)

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nono i was havign trouble when i posted that, im formatting it now correctly and set it to Normal in the bios (not Large, or lba) to see fi the data will stay on Normal.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ok , i tihnk i can get it going, IF, i were able to boot with the bootdisk, start with CD-Rom support and NOT have MS assign the drives, BECAUSE, MS assigns stuff different then my CD-Rom drivers, which are now staying on after i reboot, yay, MS assigs CDR101 or something, and my drviers assign CD101 or something like that, so how do i do this?

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
1. i know to reformat the HD, im not THAT stupid ;) 2. I posted that i have tried Accessing the CD-Rom form the bootdisk with Boot with CD-Rom support and got that cdr101 error.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
what i was talking was about LBA, sohuld i set LBA to the CD-Rom, or HD. And it seems that Bios is recognizing the CD-Rom but its missing some of the fields.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Too late, already shot it :p, I already tried em all, i tihnk im outta luck, ill just go buy the 1 for 30 bucks on tigerdirect.com, unless i can find a cheaper 1. Ive had problems with this pc and cd-roms before. I think the cd-rom went wacko liek the other 1.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
No you didnt affend me, i always say im stupid :p ro not. i shoudl stop doign that, always gets me in trouble or gives people the wrong ideas. But waht can you say im 12.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.