Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, recently i reformatted my computer, and I kinda dug myself into a hole...I cannot connect to the internet, though my router and modem are working fine. I'm missing two drivers: Ethernet Controller and Video Controller. I've been looking for drivers that will work, but no luck so far. Pretty desperate here, been trying for a couple of hours. If you need anymore information please let me know.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
447 Posts
If its a Dell, go to dell.com/support. Put in your machine service tag # and it will give you the drivers to downoad and install.
When you get these, make a cd up and keep it handy for next time. Its faster than downloading any day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If its a Dell, go to dell.com/support. Put in your machine service tag # and it will give you the drivers to downoad and install.
When you get these, make a cd up and keep it handy for next time. Its faster than downloading any day.
Ohh I've tried this yesterday though I just put it on a usb. Though I'm not quite sure which driver i need for the ethernet connector and video controller.

·
Registered
9,639 Posts
Hi Thongy,

The ethernet controller should be this one:
http://support.dell.com/support/dow...-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=5&fileid=136142
This is assuming you are using the original on-board network controller

The Video controller on Dells Support site list two Intel drivers:
Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
Intel Intel Grantsdale G Integrated Video

One of these should be your video driver.
This is assuming you are using the original on-board Video
The others listed under the Video section are for patches or TV tuners

Seeing I am not sure if you are using the original hardware:
Can you go to the Device Manager
Post all the errors you have (yellow!? or red X)

Also on these errors can you Right click on the error>Properties>Details Tab
Post the info you find under Device Instance ID.

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Hello and Welcome to TSF,

Go here for your drivers:

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...D=DIM_PNT_P4_3100&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=

Network: 3rd one down - 8.0.15.0 A01
If you need wireless adapter driver then the first one.

Video: 6th one down - 6.14.10.4299 A08

Note: Make sure the chipset driver is installed first before installing these other 2 drivers.
After each driver installation remember to reboot pc, another words install 1 driver at a time then reboot pc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry for the late response, thanks to you guys I was able to get my internet running and the video controller fixed!! Though I have just one question, I feel like my computer is running a bit slower then before is this normal?

Thanks again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.