Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to reformat my computer. I have had it for about 3 years and its never been done. My computer is very slow and keeps closing programs and freezing up on me. I have no idea how to start.
I have copied my pictures and important documents to disk and am trying to copy my music (to no avail apparently). After this is done, what next? I insterted the "REINSTALLATION CD WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION" (purple cd) and then restarted my computer and nothing happend. So i opened up the E: and it told me that my current version of windows was better than the version i was trying to install. it told me to install the cd and reboot. I did it 4 times and nothing happend. ARRH i am stuck. anyone help?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Well, if you have a purple windows xp cd, I am betting it is a branded image, such as provided by gateway, HP, etc.

You may want to contact your PC manufacturer.

If you want, you can download Killdisk Free and burn it to a cd and reformat the drive. Then you may be able to restore from your restore CD. Now, if you do this there is no guarantee it will work, so do at your own risk. All data on the drive will probably be destroyed, so backk it up.

Hope it helps
BMR777

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.