Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in way that will never complete"

that's the error i get whenever i try to go on myspace homepage. i've tried clearing my cookies and cache and restarting but nothing comes good of it. i mean i can actually go on the myspace website but when i try to log in i can't because i get that error. then if i try to just go on the myspace page again i can't even get on there home page i get the error. i tried IE and it's works perfectly i mean no problem. i so i know it's not myspace it's firefox HELP i really like my firefox how do i fix this . it does it for other sites too just not myspace. HELP!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
?

i cleaned out firefox from pc and re-installed ....nothing. how do i fic this i dun get what that likn was for it told me the problem but not how to fix it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been having the same problem. A more in-dept explanation is that FireFox cannot seem to grasp the server IP address for Myspace. If you put 216.178.32.50 into the address bar, you will get the front page, but nothing more. I haven't a single on how to fix this, personally. I've deleted my cache (twice in fact) and that repaired nothing. Then, I edited the myspace cookie to have the ip address in replace of the domain (myspace.com)

The way I see it, myspace is having DNS troubles :S

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hmmm I am getting "Page cannot be displayed" in IE6 and I am getting the redirecting error page on Firefox. I am having trouble at both ends of the browser. I am quite annoyed!!! I have tried everything and I mean everything. This has been going on for 24 hours, that I know of....

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been having the same problem. A more in-dept explanation is that FireFox cannot seem to grasp the server IP address for Myspace. If you put 216.178.32.50 into the address bar, you will get the front page, but nothing more. I haven't a single on how to fix this, personally. I've deleted my cache (twice in fact) and that repaired nothing. Then, I edited the myspace cookie to have the ip address in replace of the domain (myspace.com)

Okay this is weird. I did put in the numbers that you have above. I can sign into my husbands account just fine, no problems. I go to enter my email and password and I get the "page cannot be displayed" error...how weird is that??

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah that is pretty weird... try clearing your cookies and try again. That might solve THAT problem. Otherwise, I don't know. This problem makes no sense to me!! lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Right, you can enter those numbers above, but does it let you login? I cannot login in even with those numbers. I was able to login my husband a few times, but that is about it. Grrrr. I am frustrated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah that is pretty weird... try clearing your cookies and try again. That might solve THAT problem. Otherwise, I don't know. This problem makes no sense to me!! lol.
It makes no sense to me either. I even called one of those $1.99 a minute supports and they had no idea...they said it was MySpace, but how? Man oh man :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
well the way i c it either we got hacked our accounts got hacked . i mean myspace is the problem i went to my friends house and tried to log in but nothing same problem then he logged in after perfectly fine. i'm so mad. well if anyone finds a solution let me know . i have a project that i'm doing with one of my friends who's on vacation right now and myspace seems to be one of the few ways we can connect . so if anyone gets anything hook a brotha up . the whole clearing cookies thing doesn't work i tried it right after i posted the thread and nothing works so far. i mean i'm able to get onto the main myspace page after cleaning cookies . but i can't log in . this is so stupid!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Seriously our accounts were hacked is that what you think? That sucks! I am so mad too. It has now been 24 hours. On my husbands side I am able to log into his account, most of the time. My side? Notha! Grrrrr....

I can see view my profile on his side but that is it...I am so annoyed!!!! A chick who is trying not to smoke, this does not = fun!!!

Yeah my friends can log in just fine, me? well yeah not.so.much. grrrr.

So yeah if anybody out there who figures out what is going on, will ya please let me know...thanks!!!

http://www.myspace.com/freeakgirl

·
Registered
10 Posts
well the way i c it either we got hacked our accounts got hacked . i mean myspace is the problem i went to my friends house and tried to log in but nothing same problem then he logged in after perfectly fine. i'm so mad. well if anyone finds a solution let me know . i have a project that i'm doing with one of my friends who's on vacation right now and myspace seems to be one of the few ways we can connect . so if anyone gets anything hook a brotha up . the whole clearing cookies thing doesn't work i tried it right after i posted the thread and nothing works so far. i mean i'm able to get onto the main myspace page after cleaning cookies . but i can't log in . this is so stupid!!!!
Oh one more thing, do you have MySpace IM downloaded? Wierd thing is, I was able to get my "edit screen" just fine..not the homepage or inbox or stuff like that....just wierd!!! Grrrrr. I am not happy!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hmm. If it's THAT widespread... my conclusion is that there is something wrong with myspace. I do not think we all got hacked. I mean, that's assanine lol. Can't be. I can't log on to my other myspace account as well, so this HAS to be a something up with myspace.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hmm. If it's THAT widespread... my conclusion is that there is something wrong with myspace. I do not think we all got hacked. I mean, that's assanine lol. Can't be. I can't log on to my other myspace account as well, so this HAS to be a something up with myspace.
I hope it is something wrong, but dang everybody I know cannot log in....well I check if it is fixed when I wake up....thanks for ya help!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I HAVE THE SOLUTION (sorta lol)
Copied from the mozillazine forums :

This is something that should help you kids understand what the myspace team is up against w/ this "wonderful" new problem, and make you thankful for the protection of FF.

"MySpace got hacked again this week. Some users get sent to a ficticious log in page that looks like the real one. It captures your user name and password. These can then be used to get into your account and collect your personal information."

The error messages you are getting from all three browsers is because your security settings are strict enough that the hack doesn't work on your computer.

And there you have it. We just have to wait until Tom, the best programmer in the world (sarcasm tastes so good) fixes it :p

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
I can affirm the above -- hence my questioning in my first post.. "why would you get 20 redirects?"

Myspace has been totally hacked this time. Just stay away from it. Obviously something is trying to "redirect" you more than 20times, which is not possible with the authentic Myspace.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
it's back yeah the whole hacking thing that seriously sucks i know i was on the right log in the whole time. but i duno what went down. well it's all good now no problems. i'm starting to really hate myspace. i need to look around and c what's out there they should make like another kind of website that can communicate with myspace users also . that would be amazing like a whole network of sites. maybe i'll start one one day . lmao ight ppl thnxx for the help laterz

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.