Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a nice little problem with installing. I install everything up to the point where it asks me to finish the install by setting the time, etc. At that point I try to do the option to install additional cd's - Disc 4 & Disc 5. My screen blinks a few times as it tries to detect my video card, and then i get a message that XServer can't start and isnt configured correctly. It brings me to another screen where some of the text is garbled. It prompts me with some sort of message to attempt to configure it, but after that it just resets my video a few times then repeats the process. Whats going on here? I have the Intel 810 chipset, and I've heard it has problems. What can I do here? If this requires some kind of patch is there any way to install Disc 4 and 5 in the GUI through some setup after installation, or do I have to manually install each rpm?

·
Watching from the shadows
1,143 Posts
Disc 4 and 5 are the sorce code you do not need them to install red hat 8 fully. Try to finish the install with out clicking on the additional cds button

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can get past that part no problem. I just wanted to install Disc 4 and 5. But the only things on those discs is source code? Is that correct?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.