Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.. I just recently installed Redhat 9.0 useing the GNOME gui interface. Everything installed flawless, but it seems very slow. When I launch say.. Officewriter.org or one of the more intense games it comes with, it launches really slow. When I try to play the battleship type of game it acts like I'm on a 386 pc again. I'm running a Dell Dimension P4 1.6ghz, 40gig, 256 meg ram, Nvidia geforce 2 64meg..etc.. the machine is not slow by any means. Any tweaks that I need to do? Other than that, it runs pretty nice, but it just seems too slugish. I'm also hooked up with cable modem which works fine.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Its more then likely that you're using the XFree86 projects Nvidia driver, if you do an lsmod from a shell session you'll see something called "nv" ... what you need to get it the actual NVidia Linux kernel module available at www.nvidia.com, you'll want the linux-ia32 driver. Read through the documents on Nvidia's site for install instructions, if you need further help let us know!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I loaded the most recent Driver off of the Nvidia site and that did the trick! fast now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.