Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a really annoying problem with my recycling bin...

Basically, files are bypassing it when I delete them. A confirmation message is displayed asking if I want to delete a file, and if I choose "Yes" then it justs deletes it and the recycling bin remains stubbornly empty.

I have checked all the settings I could think of, but to no avail. The option in the recycling bin properties that allows you to bypass it is firmly switched off!

Does anyone know what could be causing this problem? It hasn't been a major trouble yet, but there is always a chance I'll accidently get rid of something...

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ale_jrb said:
The option in the recycling bin properties that allows you to bypass it is firmly switched off!
I have checked. The "Do not move files to the recycling bin. Remove files immediatly when deleted" option is not ticked.

Do you know what else could be causing it?

EDIT: Wow, to fast for me. I'll look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doesn't work, that's for the servers not normal NT...

It doesn't have the tab it talks about, and if it did it would be under a different name because that is name used for similar things. The recycled folder has a different name too.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Boot into Safe Mode. Open up Windows Explorer, you should see a folder called C:\RECYCLER, if not, then navigate to it from the Address bar at the top. Delete the entire folder. When you reboot, it will be recreated, and hopefully your recycle bin will be back to normal.

Edit:

Actually, you can just open a command prompt and type rmdir /s C:\Recycler. Reboot your computer, then try to delete something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.