Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem: A while ago I emptied the recycle bin. After emptying, a folder remained that had 4-5 files in it. I don't recall exactly what the files were.

I tried to delete the folder, and got the message in the title.

No problem I thought, and I got out a handy file shredder and shredded that file to pieces. It was gone.

Except it's not. When I use CCleaner or other aps to clean my system, the "cannot delete file:..." message in the title pops up.

If I go to the recycle bin and empty it, I get the message. When I look in the recycle bin, it is empty, but if I tell it to empty itself I get the message.

So the folder is in the recycle bin, invisible. It was "shredded", but still remains.

I have entered safe mode, but is still get the message when I try to empty the recycle bin or use CCleaner.

I have read things that reference deleting the entire recycle bin (which then recreates itself), but am not clear on this or if it is a good idea.

My system runs fine, it's just an annoyance.

Any ideas from the experts here (you solved a big virus issue I had a while ago, and this is nothing in comparision, but hopefully somebody has seen this issue before...)

Thanks,

Rick
NH, USA

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.