Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi after the desk top was infected we tried to install from the recovery discs only to find them not there, my 4 year old son had gotten hold of them and played with them now they do not work and the computer does not even recognise that discs are inserted in the drive. is there any way we could get a new set downloaded from the d drive or anything? not looking to pay hp for some when already own the pc. have the product key sticker etc along with orange one for works on side of computer. have thought about the control backspace for install but can not even get that far so any help would be great

·
Registered
40 Posts
you would have to order the recovery discs from hp. information on that is usually located in your model's drivers list.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Andy do you know if there is a hidden recovery partition on your hard drive?

Open disk management and see if there is a drive listed EISA.

If there is one listed this is your hidden recovery console and can be burned to disk.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you would have to order the recovery discs from hp. information on that is usually located in your model's drivers list.
There way of stiffing us out of more money, as if them sending discs along with the computer is not penny pinching enough but to restrict us like this is beyond me. I will not be buying HP ever again. Will go for one of the lesser known companies that build their units like MESH, customer service will be better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.