Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone and thanks for your support in the past with all my problems.Note that i am not a very experienced PC user so bare with me if i don't get what you say the first time.

So my problem: I recently had my pc formated and thanks to a misunderstanding i lost all my files.
I asked the guy there if there were programs on the internet that could help me recover my files , but he said he has tried it all but none works and the only way would be to pay 4 000 $ so you can have your HDD scanned or sth i don't remember what he said exactly.
Anyway i downloaded a program called GetDataBack for NTFS and followed the instruction to recover my files.It works decently as i have gotten back alot of songs and pictures(even if some pictures are broken).

Although one of the things that was most important for me were my chat logs(all my dialogues from msn) and i really need to get them back.They appear to be in good condition when i recover them but only 1/5 of them work.The rest open and have strange PC languages instead of showing my chats.
Thanks to them being in .html format i find it very hard to understand why they wont open correctly or how could i fix it or for what should i search.

So i ask , is there a way to recover my msn chat logs after formating(better than the one i have?).If not , is there a way to "repair" those chatlogs somehow?

Note:The tech guy splitted my HDD (Maxtor 149GB) to two parts of 97GB+51GB.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I checked through the rules and i didn't see bumping mentioned anywhere.Am i supposed to bump on time each day like in some other forums?Or i should just wait to get a reply without touching my thread?

Sorry if i missed anything in the rules and sorry for my english as i am not fluent yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.