Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A couple months back my system crashed. I was told to back up the comp using the Recovery drive on Vista. Did that, now my question is.."How do I get the data FROM the Recovery drive. Tried to contact Gateway...They were no help. I am only concerned about the photos that are "Hopefully" on the recovery drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
404 Posts
go to your start menu and click on my computer and look for your D drive, that is your recovery drive.
to get your photos just right click on the D drive and open and you will find your files and pictures there in the recovery folder.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when I right click on the the D drive the file is locked. It will not let me access that file. It is protected by "PC ANGEL"

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I take it you are running a e-machine, if so you can go to your startup in msconfig and untick the box for pc angel. you should then be able to retrieve your files after a reboot, Whether or not you need to run this program on startup must be decided by you. If you feel that you want this program starting automatically so that you have it available as needed,. enable it again afterwards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.