Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Toshiba laptop, but it will not startup ina any mode. Whether I try in safe mode or last known... it goes to the BSOD.

How do irecover the data from the hard drive. I do not care about the laptop,
I just want the information.

Plese advise me on how I acn extract the information.

Thanks,

ism786

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Do you have a working computer with a CD burner, your original Windows XP CD (SP1 or later if your hard drive was over 128GB), and a USB flash drive?
If so, get BartPE http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/ and build a bootable CD. Be sure to include A34. It's the file browser similar to Windows Explorer. Before you start your computer, be sure to have the flash drive already plugged in. Then boot from the CD. Go to the "start menu" and look for A43. Then copy your files from your C: drive (if it's not completely dead) over to the flash drive.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
also if the hard drive is not completely dead, you can remove it from the laptop and install it into an external harddrive enclosure for 2.5 inch laptop harddrives that then can be plugged into a working pc via a usb port and the files transferred from the removed harddrive to the working pc's harddrive. remove the laptop harddrive first and then take it to fryes or best buy and show them what kind of external harddrive enclosure you will need for your harddrive , eide or sata.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.