Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have built a new computer; however I forgot to backup all contacts and calendar information from my outlook 2003 on my old computer. I have the old computer's hard drive setup in the new build as a second drive it has not been formatted and has all original files on it. I am wanting to find a way that I can retrieve all contacts and calendar info and then open them on the new computer in Outlook 2007. Can someone please help?

·
Enthusiast
4,527 Posts
You need to copy a file called outlook.pst from a sub-folder in your user account folder on the old hard drive.

It's location on Windows Vista & Windows 7 is:
<drive letter>\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst

You will need to have "show hidden files & folders" enabled to see the 'AppData' folder, plus you will need to change permissions to access your old user folders (see this):
Windows 7 Take Ownership & Grant Permissions to Access Files & Folder

When you've got access to the old outlook.pst file, copy it to your new Windows 7 system drive to the following Outlook folder (overwrite the existing .pst file that already exists in there):
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.