Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I have switched to a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200 to play a game that was not supported by my default video card, the SiS760.

I have wanted to switch back to the SiS760 for graphic reasons and I cannot seem to do it.

When I put in the NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX 100/200 to my computer to one of the ports, I plugged my monitor in and it worked.

When I tried to plug the monitor cord back into the SiS760 port, it wouldn't work. (meaning when I turned on the computer, the monitor would not recognize it was plugged in)

When I go to the Device Manager, the only Display Adapter that shows up is the NVIDIA.

What do I have to do to switch back to the SiS760?

·
TSF Team Emeritus
9,471 Posts
Try removing the video card with device manager then turn off the computer and take out the card.

Some motherboards auto disable the onboard video when you install a card

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it doesn't work and it still shows the monitor not reading it, do I just put the video card back in and let it work?

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
Yes, and go into the BIOS and enable the onboard video. Then save and exit, and then plug the monitor into the onboard VGA out, and it should work.

Then, go into Safe Mode with Networking, and download this driver and install it, reboot, and boot normally and it should work fine.
http://www.sis.com/download/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.