Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I was hoping you could lend some advice in my current dilemma.
I just went through an upgrade that has left me with random freezing in games, So hear me out and if you could lend any help or advice, I'd be appreciative. I just bought a GeForce 4 Ti4200 Video card and decided to take it to CompUSA to get in installed. I also had to purchase a 400 Watt Power supply to support it, so I bought that and threw in enough ram for 512 MB (I already had 128 MB) there and they hooked it all up for me. Well, I got it back a few days later and tested out some games, Unreal Tournament 2003, No One Lives Forever 2, and others. Over time, I began noticing random freezes during gameplay that continued to play sound while the game screen sat there. The only way out was to unplug the computer and reboot. This has occurred many times, so I took it to CompUSa to get it checked out. They called back and said I need to buy a new sound card cause my old one was having a problem. So I bought one and they installed it and tested the games. They gave it back a week later and now I have noticed the problem on these games and various other issues with almost every game I've played on the system. Frequent pauses, crashes, freezes, and nasty sounds from the speaker are among them. So, what do you think I should do here? I've had several people tell me to shove the sound card back into CompUSA's face becuase that's not the problem and I agree, but there might be conflicts or something. BTW, I have a compaq Presario 5wv with Windows ME. Anyway thanks for any help you can give me and I hope in the future I can help you too :)
-Trog

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.