Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks I have a problem with my network adapter, everytime i play a game my Local Area Connection gets disconnected and I have to re-install the driver after several trials for the installation to succeed...
I access the internet via LAN cable connected to my Livebox, but the problem is not with the livebox but with the adapter itself!!
Please help!!!Thanx in advance..:wink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for replying to the post dude!:smile:

Motherboard: Biostar G31-M7 TE
Intel Dual Core 2.5 Ghz
2 GB RAM
Graphic Card: GeForce 7100 GS 128MB(Turbo cache upto 512MB)

Actually i noticed that the problem occurs when the game accidentally gets minimized, by pressing the windows button or when I get prompts like the Sticky Keys...It's like if the game was not well quit, the LAN would get disconnected!!
But this was not the case before!:normal:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got a clearer view of the problem..The "connected " icon is shown on the icon notification area..All is working fine,I close all main programs like messenger,imesh and other stuffs..I open the game and it runs fine. But after quitting the game there's a cross on the LAN icon and it says network cable unplugged!

It is also that when I uninstall the driver and restart my pc to install it again the problem does not get solved!
I shutdown my PC and turn off the power compoletely,then I put the PC on after a couple of minutes.I run the driver setup again,the installation runs fine and the problem gets solved! It is as if I have to switch off the power completely and turn on my PC after a couple of minutes for the driver to be installed properly...Its really a waste of time to do this!My vendor won't advise me on that!:4-dontkno
PLEASE HELP!!!:sigh:

·
Registered
4,586 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For the motherboard driver: I don't know what to select in the category "Graphic Card", "IPC" and "SFFPC".
My motherboard is G31M7TE ver6.4.
For the GeForce Graphic card I find:
GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i
GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 620i (under the "products supported" tab)
But is 7100 "GS" also supported?
Lastly, for the power supply, which power supply do you reccomend be to buy?
(I mean the specs, how many Watts?? Or can you just suggest me a good one that's rather cheap and fully compatible with my motherboard? Thanx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.