Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I encountered a problem with spyyware on my computer that necessitated a complete reinstallation. Problem is after everything was back up and running my network adapter was screwed. I beleive some of the driver ffiles were lost or corrupted. I have checked in device manager and this is not the only device with a yellow exclamation mark. The network controller, pci data aquisition, sm bus controller, video controller, and vga graphics addapter are all faulty.m any ideas here? I have tried installing the realtek adapter driver many times but to no avail.

·
Networking Team |Tech
4,117 Posts
Hi d00d557,

It's possible that the virus/spyware corrupted the O/S as well. Perform a windows repair and then try re-installing the computer hardware drivers again and see if that helps resolve your computer issues.

Since you have your files backed up, you can also reformat the HDD and perform a fresh install of windows. Hope everything works out well for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the wired connection works, a few of the other faulty drivers went away as well. My only real complaint at the moment is the wireless adaper cannot be ****** to turn on. Any ideas on that?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.