Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I've been using the Creative Fatality headset for a while and now I'm having some major problems getting the mic to work.
Im using Realtek onboard HD audio, and Asus A8R32-MVP Delux mobo with it.

When I first plugged it in, I couldnt get it to work- a friend of mine managed to get it work almost by accident after a few hours of fiddling with settings and whatnot. My boyfriend unplugged it when his headphones (not fatality) broke, and its reset the settings, and now we cant get it to work again.

Oddly enough, he has the same headset and is also using onboard realtek... and his doesnt and has never worked. I've also heard others having the same problem, but in slightly different variations.

Ive never had a problem with the actual headphones themselves, and the jacks on my pc work fine as far as I can test them (and yes...I checked the mic is turned on :p )
The PC has picked the mic up, but when I test it no sound comes through. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and updated all the drivers, and ive checked nothing is muted and pretty much pressed every button I can think of...

...any ideas please? I have been searching for an answer for ages!

Sorry if theres a post already, I did look!

TIA
dread

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I alos forgot to mention that the mic boost makes no difference. All that happens is I can hear feeback when I move my mouse...a wierd buzzy highpitched machine noise...eep!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.