Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres whats wrong. i had just reinstalled windows xp home and i have installed everything for it to get started like video drivers and what not, the last thing i had to do was install the audio driver so what i did was use the motherboards audio drivers( which is the "correct" way to install so people say) but now when i go into the sound and audio devices option it says that i odnt have the drivers for it, it says theres no device for it been installed so whta i did was go to the realtek site and downloaded it, by the way the driver is the RealTek AC'97 Audio Driver for VIA686/8231. it shows the device in the hardware tab and when i go into the device manager ti show it but it says in device status that "No drivers are installed for this device"

Now my question is how can i get my sound and audio device option to show that the realtek device is the the one that needs to be used... if you understand what i mean....many thanks for yor time in reading this

Diode

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
What are your computer specs? Give as much detail as possible (e.g. mobo, cpu, ram, etc.) BTW IMO, I find that installing the "Audio Drivers" first followed by other drivers and utilities eases the pain of driver installations.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.