·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Machine Spec:
HP Pavilion DV7 6163us
CORE i7 2.00 GhZ
6 GB Ram

After waking up the machine from hibernation or standby its speeds are horrendously slow . i looked at the resource monitor and noticed System is using A LOT of read / write time for the HDD . and the indicator light is SOLID for a good minute . i never had this before i ran a Norton Virus scan and all is well . did a malware scan all is well . did a defrag and diskchecker and a cleanup and CCLeaner and still same problem . I would HATE to reformat disk and start over but i will if all else fails . any one have any ideas ?

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,673 Posts
It could be a normal occurrence. Modern computers have so many "chores" to complete, running in the background isn't unusual. If it only happens some of the time after "awakening" it's not serious. Also FYI, check out an article on computer sleep vs. hibernation.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could be a normal occurrence. Modern computers have so many "chores" to complete, running in the background isn't unusual. If it only happens some of the time after "awakening" it's not serious. Also FYI, check out an article on computer sleep vs. hibernation.
i understand the difference between the two , i did notice is was less on standby . but the reason i post is cause it didnt use to do that , or i lie , it didnt last as long . it would slow down for like 5 seconds that be super fast again . i did also notice my fingerprint reader doesnt work sometimes after either , i think my OS is effed again . i ran CCleaner and cleaned the Registry and thats when i noticed it started . thanks for the post ! :)

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,673 Posts
CCleaner is a powerful tool. I always analyze before cleaning. I also don't have everything checked. Long ago found out needed files can go bye-bye.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Open command prompt

Type powercfg -h off and hit enter.

Restart

Load command prompt again this time typing powercfg -h on

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.