Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!~ first of all I really do apologize if this is the wrong thread but the problem I am having is rather mixed, I've been building computers for 6 years now and I have never come across this problem and have not seen any solutions on your boards.

Ok my problem is, I built me a nice new pc just for gaming but it does the complete oppasit not only that but it dosn't do half the stuff you'de expect a PC to do. It started off as just a video playing problem, when I play a video I get a black screen and my pc restarts, the same thing happens when my webcam and mic are used via yahoo and MSN. About 3 months later I stopped using some applications I used to use (generally games) I went onto playing Phantasy Star Universe. After a while I felt like going to play Ragnarok Online to see my friends, but when I ran it my pc halted for 1-2 seconds and then I got a black screen and restart again. This never happened before untill I left the program for so long, I've tried reinstalling it and no luck what so ever, from what i've gathered, it seems to be some kind of image problem or some feedback from my harddrive. Here's a list of when it happens:

1. When I watch a video

2. When I play a game with 2d sprites

3. When a game checks for updates (its a real pain)

The only way I can watch videos is if I turn Hardware Acceleration down to 3 but I only get the black screen if i use WMP, if I use winamp I just get sound but no picture, youtube runs fine and i have not tried quicktime. But this hardware acceleration thing is a pain.

I have the following:
Motherboard: Asrock K8upgrade NF-3 (http://www.pcupgrade.co.uk/productdetails.asp?ProductID=825&categoryid=270)

CPU: AMD Sempron 3100+ (64bit)

Ram: 2x512 Kingston

PSU:450watt SumVision <-- pretty cheap (probably my problem)

GPU: I did have a 6600GT but it's currently under repair (using Nvidia 6200 Geforce at the moment)

:sigh: it's a real disappointment to me, I spent alot of money on it.

Anyway thanks for your time and help!

-Leon

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion, thought I have just tried that and only a spot of luck, I can now watch videos! :rolleyes: and it was that simple. Although, when I run Ragnarok my pc crashes but now I get the message "Out Of Range" appear on my moniter. I have the lastest DirectX, system and video drivers but still no go. This is nothing like I planned it, I think it's a DirectX problem myself because some stuff does fail to render, though DirectX find's no errors in itself. Also! Before I reinstalled the drivers fresh the following were disabled on a "dxdiag" run:

DirectDraw Acceleration

Direct3D Acceleration

AGP Texture Acceleration

All these are now enabled but still no luck. :upset:

When I use Photoshop the Cursor lags when I try to colour somthing and all I get is straight lines, even if I move it around in a mad spin i'll get some form of a square. :4-dontkno I just dont know what to do, if it helps, the game uses "Direct3D T&L HAL" to render.

But i'm still open to any suggestions thanks! :grin:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok...that was very weird, I was about to reply and i hit refresh to see if there was any new posts and my pc crashed...

Well thankyou Dai for your help I think it is the powersupply, it's my birthday coming up soon and I plan to get a proper PSU, I'm not sure of the wattage though maybe 600+? I dont want to overkill my pc though.

I turned "Restart on system failure" off and I get no errors in Event Viewer.

Thanks! :pray:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks alot guys you really helped me out!

But do you think 600w is enough, keeping in mind I have the following:

AMD Sempron 3100+ 64bit (1.8Ghz)
Western Digital 200gb
Maxtor 80gb
DVD-r/rw
CD-r/rw
Nvidia 6600GT(soon)
Sound Blaster Audigy

I was told the GT needs 300watts minimum, and a cpu drags in around atleast 100watts right?

Hmm well thanks a ton guys for the help!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
A 600w PSU is more than enough to run your computer....You can even run SLI if ur mobo supports with this much power but make sure that the PSU is Good not generic! One 6600gt consumes maximum of 55W of power under load.....!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok i'm really not having any luck with this, my pc has restarted 5 times now from just searching somthing on the net, I looked in my event viewer and I have the following error "Error code 100000d1, parameter1 0002003c, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 ef16cd3f.
"
Event ID: 1003
Source: System Error
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG
Message: Error code %1, parameter1 %2, parameter2 %3, parameter3 %4, parameter4 %5.

A blue screen (Stop error) was reported apparently but I got no blue screen.
My CPU is at 32.3*C I think thats a bit rough for an idle processor, also it says in system health CPU -43*C - 32*F. Thats obveously not right.

These are the voltages and temps reported by Sensor View:
CPU: 0*C / 32*F
SYS: 33*C / 92*F
AUX: 0*C / 32*F
HD0: 35*C / 95*C

VCoreA: 1.46
VCoreB: 1.66 -1.68
+3.3V: 3.28 - 3.30
+5V: 5.11
+12V: 11.90 ...
-5V: 2.39
-12V: 1.30
+5VSB: 5.12
+VBAT: 0.51

:mad: this is really annoying cause I cant search for a decent powersupply to hunt for.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok i've just went through all that and I didn't have any of those viruses or trojans :4-dontkno I dont even have the files it told me to look for. My antivirus dosn't pick up on anything what so ever and I have the following tools:

Avast Antivirus Home Edition
Ashampoo firewall
HijackThis (found nothing)

It restarted 5 - 6 times last night, I went onto IE and went to ebay and bam, off goes the pc, it boots again (everything loads) I go on IE, google, bam off it goes again. I start it again and dont go on IE but I go on msn instead to let off some steam (my friend thinks its funny) and i'm talkin to him and just as I say "i'm fedup of this pc restarting all the time" :4-thatsba bad pc goes off again. At that time I think the temp was at around 34C (CPU) and 43C (GPU), I have the side off all the time because my cooling really sucks with the side on. I tried putting a house fan on it and amazingly :normal: it got hotter.

I'm really really sorry if this is frustrating for you guys and you dont HAVE to reply it's just, ya know :sigh: we all learn from it aswell :4-dontkno right?

I left the power off last night and let it sit all night and half the day and at the moment it seems to be solid as a rock.

Well Thanks alot for the help again!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Both me and my best friend have checked the logs and found nothing suspitious, we both study I.T.

But here are the logs anyway if your interested.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:44:01 PM, on 1/23/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS2\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Service\AdskScSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindService.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\System32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\UAService7.exe
C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmware-authd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VMware\VMware Virtual Image Editing\vmount2.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\vmnat.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\vmnetdhcp.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\System32\alg.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS2\TWAIN_32\Vivid\VIVID.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Ashampoo\Ashampoo FireWall PRO\FireWall.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\nvraidservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\System32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\System32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\GetRight\GetRight.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Leon.AYEKA\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
that's only the top half of a hijack log and you have to post the full log in the log section in security

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
yes see if they come up with anything,security are the only ones that can help with it under the forum rules

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well it's been a while now and I've had no reply to my Hijack this log.

I got an 650Watt powersupply yesterday, it's an Atrix and so far I havn't had one crash or freeze, my cooling seems to be much much better it's taken roughly 5*C off :laugh:

so i'll see what happens from here on, I really really appreciate the help you guys have given me! :wave: Thanks alot

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
it takes awhile to do a log and with the weekend as well should'nt be to long before they reach it
but they will not see it if it is in the wrong forum i will move it over to the right one

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.