Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey man, I have AutoCAD 2003 and haven't used it since my last drafting job... I can do just about anything with it, and consider myself somewhat a pro, but there's one thing I cannot remember for the life of me...

After creating a 3D Drawing, how do I print it out in a 3D perspective view? I mean, it will not allow me to just switch it over to the Layout View and have the drawing not show up as a wireframe. Is there some setting I have turned on (Or off) that I am not seeing? Thanks for the help.

I work at a different computer support forum, but it is nice to see an AutoCAD listing somewhere! Again thanks!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
this response is probably a bit late, but if you need to hide out a drawing, in paperspace create a (MVIEW which you probably know) viewport. again using MVIEW then 'H' (for hide plot) and then ON. then select 1 or all viewports to hide when plotting. HIDEPRECISION and DISPSILH variables might need to be set to 1 - depends on your model. and FACETRES can be set to 10 for smoothness on curved solids.

as for persepctive there are 2 ways. one is using 3dorbit command. while in the command, you can right click for submenu > projection > perspective. you can also do a more manual way by using DVIEW command, it's a bit cumbersome.

which ever way you do it you might also need to switch to a plan view of the model and use the command CAMERA to specify it's position and target point.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.