Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find a better place to post this, but I need some quick advice on something.

I need to clean my computer out because all the dust inside of it is causing it to overheat and crash when it tries to load large applications. However, I've never done this before and I was wondering what products are best for the job and basically how it's done.

I know this sounds like a dumb question, but I don't want to do anything wrong and mess up my computer. I only posted this here because someone I know told me the motherboard could overheat if the computer gets too dusty.

Any advice?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Nothing but a can of air. If you have an air compressor, that's better because it's infinite compressed air. Use the can and blow out everywhere inside the case.

Looks like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Memorex-10OZ-152A-DUSTER-32028021/dp/B0007YZTSC

You can buy it at any computer/office store. At Best Buy, Circuit City, Fry's, Staples, etc.

Caution when blowing fans: I use my finger to stop if from spinning. If you don't, it can overspin and damage itself.

Don't forget to blow the inside of the PSU, behind the motherboard, behind the front panel, any gaps between drivers, from above and the side of the heatsink, etc.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
54,258 Posts
Take the tower outside and open it up . . use a can of compressed air and a small paint brush to blow it our . . be carefull when blowing on the fans . . use the brush to keep the blades from spinning too fast

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.