Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I put my Rise of Nations CD into my Sony CD-RW CRX216E drive that reads/writes CD's and it whirred for about a minute and my EXPLORER.EXE crashed and restarted back to my desktop. The drive recognizes the disc name such as (RON) for rise of nations etc. but it will not autorun them, when I try to open the disc for contents it wirs and crashes. So, I took the disc and put it into my older Dell 4300 Sony CD-RW drive that is a different model I don't know, but it runs the autorun for Rise of Nations just fine. Any ideas as to the problem?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do I change out the cable hook? Just reconnect it and see if it works better? I don't see how this will work, because it reads other CDs just fine, I think if the cable had problems I wouldn't be able to read any CDs at all.

Also, sometimes I start up my computer and click My Computer and the D drive does not show up. Also, sometimes the Drive skips on audio CDs like a portable cd, but on the same CD, i will take it, and put it in another computer and it reads without skipping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.