Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum and I posted this in the XP section after a google search but think the question belongs here. I also did a search here without sucess.

I am dealing with a problem - I have files on an XP Pro dynamic disk and a computer change forced me to go to Vista Home Premium.

Previously, I tried to make a clone of the XP dynamic drive with Ghost and Acronis without sucess on my XP machine because I was concerned about random problems. I subsequently learned that neither program supports dymamic drives.

The Ghost people were no help but Acronis continued to work with me to resolve my clone delima. After numerous discussions Acronis sugested that I make a complete backup of the drive using one of their programs and then restore it. They said that I would have the opportunity to choose to reinstall as either basic or dynamic at the beginning of the process. Acronis even went as far as allowing me to DL the backup program. Unfortunatly the computer died before I could complete the process so I'm now stuck with files on a dynamic disk that I can't get to.

I also purchased a USB - IDE/SATA disk connector but dynamic drives are not supported on them in either Xp or Vista.

Microsoft took me down the wrong path with dynamic drives and I am a lot smarter now. NEVER NEVER again!!!

Is there any uinformation on this subject so I can get my files back???:pray:

PS I'm from NH and that means I'm cheap - I mean conservative - so I don't want to spend a bunch more money.:sigh:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.