Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Useful information on Certifications

so i've gotten my ccna cert finally... and now i'm wondering what kind of job i can get with this new cert. i'm working on both my ccnp and ccsp at the moment. anybody have any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Re: Useful information on Certifications

I've split your post into its own separate thread. In the future, please start a new thread instead of posting in your links sticky for support. :wink:

If you have a CCNA, then you should look into jobs where businesses use Cisco hardware. Considering the level of specialization required to operate Cisco hardware, job postings tend to tell you off the bat if they use Cisco hardware and whether or not a CCNA or better is required. Just note that small businesses and other businesses which do not require a significantly complex/developed network do not use Cisco hardware (it's hellishly expensive), so you will be looking at larger businesses and corporations. Positions such as a Network Analyst/Engineer/Administrator are what you are probably looking for.

Keep in mind you do not necessarily need, at least not really at first, a position which uses Cisco hardware. The CCNA teaches you a lot about networking in general, more-so than other networking certifications, and a Network "whatever" job is a good place to start. A knowing employer will recognize the Cisco cert you have and give it the weight it is due, as unlike some certs, the CCNA and other Cisco certs are not easy to get (congratulations by the way) and are worth something.

What other certifications do you possess? What experience do you currently have?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.