Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Netgear WPN111 USB Adapter issue smart wizard will not stay open!

I'm having the same problem with the wizard, except I have followed the instructions as best as I could and installed the USB adapter when I was instructed to. when I check for devices, I see something that says USB 2.0 WLAN, which should be the device. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software many times, from both CD and .exe files from the netgear site itself, but it still closes by itself, even when I restart the computer before installing the software again. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,349 Posts

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Ok, but because I'm trying to fix this for someone else, and given that i wont be there for at least a couple days, I can only provide this at the moment as far as the setup:

Brand: E machine (ill try to get a model number posted when I can, though I know its an older model with a single core)
Graphics: Onboard (S3 or something along those lines)
RAM: 512 megs
Antivirus: AVG free 8.5

If more info than what my initial post and this has provided is needed, I'll look into and provide whatever else is needed spec wise. Sorry for the trouble and thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.