Tech Support Forum banner

Re-installing Vista

2115 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  dai
I haven't had any experience yet with Vista, but was wondering about the following.
Everyone knows how Dell for example, puts a ton of crap programs on their new computers :rolleyes: , and it's best to just put the XP OS disk in, format, and re-install the OS. This gets rid of all the crap programs and helps the computer run faster.

Now with Vista, will it pretty much be the same process when I get a new Dell ? Pop in the OS disk, boot from it, format the hard drive, and re-install the Vista OS ? Or will there be any differences ?

Thanks.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Vista wont put any crap like Dell on the system. Its pretty cut and dry, just the O.S. is installed.
Now this Dell computer your purchasing, what O.S. will be installed on it?
Vista wont put any crap like Dell on the system. Its pretty cut and dry, just the O.S. is installed.
Now this Dell computer your purchasing, what O.S. will be installed on it?

Oh, I know that, I'm just saying, when you purchase a Dell computer, they ALWAYS put additional crap software on their computers in addition to the OS. So when Dell starts selling computers with Vista, they'll almost certainly be adding their usual crap software in addition to the OS. In which case, the hard drive will need to be formatted and Vista re-installed.

So I'm just wondering, is the process pretty much the same re-installing Vista as it is re-installing XP ? If there's any differences, what are they ?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.