Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somewhere I remember hints about loading certain files or something onto another HD or partition or something that would let me re-install 98se instead of inserting my CD, supposidly faster or something.?? Does anyone have any info on this?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hi, Copy the Win98 folder from the CD to your Boot Drive (Folder and all). Drag and Drop is the easy way to do it. To reinstall from Windows or DOS go to the new Win98 folder and run SETUP. There is a lot more on the disk, but this is usually all you need.

Re your first post. ATX board will not fit into an AT Case. There were some combination AT/ATX boards that will, but I have not seen any for years. ATX case has lots of ports grouped near a Keyboard and Mouse port at the upped part of the panel at the rear of the case.

Good Luck, Jim

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jlp1928. thank you for your response. you memtioned placing the folder on the "boot" (C in this case), my thoughts , maybe placinfg it in one of the other drives for backup in case "C" goes south?
re: ATX and AT case, I know there is mouse keyboard, 3/4 ths on way to top on left, therefore, must be "AT". Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hi again Frey, You have a good idea there. You can put it any place that is accessible. Also, thanks for the thanks.

More Luck, Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.