Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: CMOS Setting wrong time and date - Need Help

Hey
My computer has got the same problem saying CMOS Setting Wrong and Date and Time but the only thing that i am mad about is that when i turn my computer on, it gives me that messsge but after that messege it doesnt load stuck in blank screen cant do anything.Tried to turn off then back on it starts but the fans are spinnig alot faster then normal nothing on screen keyboard doesnt work.
Tried to change power supply and it gives me the same messege.
Dont know what to do help.
Processor DEAD??
Thanks.

·
Enthusiast
16,762 Posts

very doubtful your processor is dead.

Have you replaced the battery as asked? if so is the system set for your part of the world because if it isn't the system will be getting the time and date from the wrong time server.

·
Enthusiast
16,762 Posts

well thats why it isn't working. When you do a cmos reset you do not have to get a new battery. You just replace the battery after 20 seconds.

You only get a new battery if your battery is dead.

·
Registered
25,110 Posts

well thats why it isn't working. When you do a cmos reset you do not have to get a new battery. You just replace the battery after 20 seconds.

You only get a new battery if your battery is dead.
And, we don't know if your battery is dead, so if the Clearing the CMOS doesn't do it, then change the battery.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

i bought a new battery and replaced but no luck. now when i turn on i get nothing on the screen (no signal) no light on keyboard. Seriuos problem i guess.

Thnks

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts

PC Specs?
Prebuilt- Brand Name & Model Number
Custom Build- Brand & Model of Mobo-CPU-RAM-Graphics-PSU

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

Prebuilt
Brand- Packard Bell
Model/Type- UTOW- SAN

Just in case
ASUS motherboard P5S800-VM/S
Operating system: XP SP3 Home Edition
Processor Type Intel. Pentium 4 2.89 GHz
Hard Disk Capacity: 180 GB

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

ok i have been looking for this problem in the internet and what i found out is that in order to get the comp up and runing will have to reset BIOS from the jumper.
is that right?

thnks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I dont no which 1 is the bios jumper.. it says BIOS Safe on the right on but i read somewhere it was the one closest to the power supply.

Help!

·
Enthusiast
16,762 Posts

they are next to the battery and will have the words cmos reset or cmos printed on the board next to the pins.

on your board they to the right of the battery if im looking at it correctly.

·
Enthusiast
16,762 Posts

yes it should be. Do you not have a manual for the motherboard? all information will be in there.

·
Registered
25,110 Posts

Just remove the motherboard battery and it will clear it. Shut down, unplug from wall, remove the battery, hit the start button on the case, wait a few minutes, replace the battery and fire her up. That should help you if it needs the CMOS cleared.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

ok now i am very angry with computer its kilin me. i have done all the thing that you all have told me but no luck its just running the fans making noise like a hoover. now i really don no what to do. everything working fine harddrive, DVD drive aswell. but its not making any beep noise. strange.

thnks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.