Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
re:blurry video(old post)

Im having trouble with pictures on my screen,I seem to see lots of dots? in any picture .The words are fine just really bad pictures. I tried changing the pixels and colors from 16 colors to 256,but it wil not change. My daughter downloaded the driver but it still does not change anything.Still can only set color at 16 colors.Im really new to all of this,my computer is a HP Vectra5 PentII/166,OS windows98 second edition4.0.I know it is probably pretty old to most of you, but its my first. Thought it would be good learning tool,but I grow more confused daily! Is there someone who could walk me through this. I cant afford to take it to someone. Could I maybe need to replace video card,I put both my modem and sound card in and they work ok,but I just cant figure this out.Thanks for your help!Robin :confused:

·
Watching from the shadows
1,143 Posts
Some of the older model monitors need a driver to gert better resolution try dling the driver for the monitor and if that does not correct the problem re-install the driver for the vid card.

Almost forgot once you update the monitor driver go i an see if it lets you change the amount of colors and screen resolution. Also you may want to check the screen resolution sometime the larger the screen rez setting are may only support a certian amount of colors for that size. Got to a smaller size like 640X480 to test this.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where is the video card info at? I dont know what to look for.Also, I dont understand the first paragraph.Do what?and how do I get there?

·
Watching from the shadows
1,143 Posts
Who makes you monitor and what is it's model number.

right click on the desktop and go to the settings tab you will see a screen size or area(sorry not on a windows 98 machine right now) click all the way to the left of the line under neither the lettering. Then under colors select the 256 or 16 bit and hit apply see if that helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.