Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I am building a PC for my dad's working space. It involves mostly document processing, and large scale image viewing. Not something very demanding, just want to get some opinions as to how stable my build would be.

Mobo

CPU

Ram

PSU

GPU

Case

HDD

The PC is destined to be on for many days in a row so i want something that wont overheat or collapse the first week. i will add a few extra case fans and a cpu cooler but for the moment i just want the opinion on the general build.

Thanks in advance :)!

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
The build looks good for a budget build using last generation hardware.
You need a 550W minimum PSU (a 650W would be preferred with the 5770) and we do not recommend the Corsair Builder's Series.
Best bang for buck 650W is the XFX P1-650X-CAH9 at $89: Newegg.com - XFX P1-650X-CAH9 650W ATX12V v2.2 / ESP12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

No other case fans should be needed.
The OEM CPU cooler will be fine unless you want to OC. If you intend to to serious OC'ing you should consider an ATX Mobo.

·
Premium Member
12,666 Posts
If your doing a budget build go with amd. That standard pentium is going to be very slow.

Also skip the gpu , you do not need it for document processing or large image editing. Most any onboard is capable of that.

Change the mobo and cpu to this

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA78LMT-S2 AM3 AMD 760G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor HDX840WFGMBOX

Then ditch the card and go down to a lower cost power unit and your good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.