Tech Support banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

At random though some times it seems to be working on some sort of routine and when my PC is just about to start working hard on something, my monitors spit out these small white lines for a split second. Sometimes on one monitor but most of the time both. And as these lines come the sound kind of goes off, or you get a similar sound to when you fiddle just a bit with your headphone cable. It's like my computer stutters for a split second.

Video of white lines. They rarely go off this often, but so you get an idea of how they look like. The width and how common they come depend on how much my computer is working.

To spare some time here's some info.
I've had my computer for 5 years, kind of cleaned it once, got most of the dirt out. And I've not cleaned my monitors fully yet. I'm not a computer guy but I'm thinking it's my GPU.

Specs
Windows 10
GeForce GTX 980Ti
Core i7, (6700K)
16 GB RAM
Corsair H80 (I've never refilled my water cooler either. Is that something you do? My computer is starting to make a lot of noises over stuff it did not used to before. I'm going to apply paste when I can afford it)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Easy fix.

The graphics card is playing up, damaged RAM on it.Time to replace it.

Get a more recent 10 or 20 series card.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts