Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new here so i dunno if this was supposed to go in a different part of the forum but its here and i did a search and couldent find anything.

I keep hearing random sounds about 3 secounds long that differ these sounds are babys crying, little clips from songs, women screaming "help me!!" ( which is quite disturbing i used to ignore them b4 i kept hearing this one )and dogs barking its very random and new ones come evey now and again.

Its also random time difference in between each other sometimes they can be 10 secounds apart and sometimes I wont hear them for like 2 hours.

I have tried useing Ad-ware and spybot but they dident get rid of them ive also scanned with so many anti virsuses. I really dont know what to do ive had this problem on all my computers.

My specs are

(im sorry ive forgotten the name of my motherboard my dad has the box at his house)
Processor: 3000 64bit
Graphics card: Asus 6800GT 128mb
ram: 512
Hard drive: 120
Internet Provider: Aol

Please no negative responses but I would be very happy to hear your suggestions again i apologise if i have posted this in the wrong place im new here.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Go into your control panel click on the sounds and multimedia in the middle of the box there is a scheme box set this to (no sound) or (windows default sounds). It sound like someone has set you up with the haunted house theme with sounds. :sayyes:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No this did not solve the problem unfortunatly im the only one that uses this computer also. I think these sound clips are being downloaded without my comfirmination as I will hear new ones ive never heard befor. If it was a sheme I should only hear the same sounds repeatedly.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
bump :4-dontkno
Try the folks on the hijackthis area.
Another thing you might do is search for wav files on your system and see if there are any that are not in the windows directory see where they are and what they are accociated with. this might give you a starting point.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue! Any help found? Mine plays child laughter, radio static, monkey screams, random song clips ("Hello Girls...") and more and adds new ones about once a month.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have recently had this problem until I found out it was a rootkit that was screwing my computer up. Use the following link to download ComboFix.exe which did all the work for me in a matter of half an hour. Download it, run it, then watch a bunch of other spyware get destroyed from your computer.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Note: Running ComboFix without expert guidance can cause serious damage to your computer. The program was created by one of our security staff, so post back if you need any help with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.